Want to know how you can develop those perfect legs that everyone desires? Take a look at the best exercises you can do with resistance bands at the gym or at home. These will help you develop the sexiest legs and the tightest butt you can think of… And the best is that they are not only easy to do but actually one of the cheapest and most versatile ways of working out your legs.
What’s more, they are awesomely effective, and you won’t need anything special to make them work. Bestresistancebandsreviews.com says each one of these exercises, you will only need resistance bands you can find at almost every gym and fitness shop. Go to their Facebook page to learn more about them.
1. The Static High-Knee
Wonderful for your abs and your quadriceps, while also helping your arms to get tone up a little. This workout is one of the best as it also works as a cardio exercise.
- Tie up or loop the resistance band around both your feet and place them in parallel with your shoulders.
- Bend your elbows like you are running and place them at each side of your torso
- Grabbing the resistance band at each side with your feet, lift one of your arms and the opposite knee
- Your thigh should be parallel to the ground, and your arm should be above your head at hair level
- Add more resistance with a dumbbell in each hand to help you at toning up your arms
- Do 3 sets of 15 reps at least
2. Split Jumping
Want to work out your legs and at the same time do a little cardio? This exercise will be the answer. You will be able to tone up your legs and your abs while also working as a cardio exercise if you add enough tension and do it fast enough.
Making it Work:
- Loop the band on your ankles and stand on both feet at shoulder-width
- Bend both your knees and jump
- While jumping, drive your right leg backward, and the left forward
- Drive your arms at the opposite way of your legs, right forward and left backward
- Land at starting position and then change legs and landing sides
- Do at least 3 sets of 10 reps each
3. Planking Knee Thrusts
This is one of the most famous exercises for abs but with the help of the resistance bands, you will be able to use it to tone up your legs rapidly without any problem by just adding a little tension.
- Tie up your resistance band around your feet and the opposite ankle
- Get into a planking position and get your hands on the floor at chest level
- Body should be totally straightened from head to heels
Lift the leg with the tied up ankle and bend the knee until it reaches the inside of the same side elbow
- Return to the starting position and repeat
- Do this for at least 3 sets of 15 reps and switch sides
4. Straight Legs Lifting
This exercise is perfect for your gluteus and thighs; you will be toning up your legs in no time. Also, it is wonderful for your abs thanks to the lowering and rising up of the legs and tension it offers to the torso.
The Way to Do It:
- Loop the band around both ankles
- Lie on your back with your legs straightened
- Flex your feet and put your hands behind your lower back
- Straighten your torso and lift your legs up at 1 to 3 feet from the floor
- Now slowly raise one of your legs as high as you can
- Then lower the leg until it reaches the starting point
- Change legs and do it again
- Do 3 sets of at least 15 reps each
5. Standing Hip Abduction
This exercise is great for your thighs and your glutes. Also, you will be exercising your lower back if you put enough tension on the band.
Preparing the Action:
- Grab the band and wrap it around both ankles
- Stand on both feet at hip width
- At this position, lift one of your feet to your side as high as you can without losing the position
- While lifting up your feet, tighten your gluteus and legs
- Do it slowly not to compromise the position. You can grab a chair or a wall to balance
- Do at least 10 reps in each leg in 3 sets
Knee-ins are a wonderful exercise that helps you tone up both your abs and your legs. Using a resistance band to add more tension to your legs you will be having wonderful results in just a few weeks.
What to Do:
- Loop both feet with a resistance band
- Lie on the floor with your butt touching the floor and your back a little tense at 45 degrees
- Rising up one of your legs and bracings with your torso. Try to get the knee to the shoulder
- Then get back the leg to the initial position and repeat
- To add more tension, get your hands off the floor and grab a weight on your chest
- Do at least 3 sets of 15 reps at least
7. Monster Walk
This exercise helps you at toning up your quadriceps and gluteus. Using tension bands, you will be able to get a lot more from the exercise and make it an excellent and effective workout.
- Wrap the resistance band in your lower calves and stand
- Your feet should be at shoulder-width and your knees bent
- Keeping the band tense, you will give four big steps forward
- Then you will give four big steps backward
- Repeat for around 2 minutes or more
- Add more tension by handling some weights in both hands
These are the best 7 exercises that are highly recommended by us. If you’d like to have more options, please check out these legs exercises with resistance bands for more exercises.